Cob House, Gobcobatron For Sale
Notice 12/2015: Gobcobatron has been officially sold — congrats to the new owner! I will leave this page up for the time being for reference. Thanks for stopping by.
Gobcobatron, one of the most recognized homes at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage in northeast Missouri, is for sale. It’s a cob house that’s been featured in Yes! magazine, Popular Mechanics, Parade Magazine, Treehugger, Lloyd Kahn’s Tiny Homes, and a host of other media.
The house is a great 3 season dwelling, and is currently being utilized for earning rental income and hosting visitors at Dancing Rabbit. Gobcobatron has a lot of potential for the right individual looking for a seasonal living space, or for earning income while living in a popular intentional community.
Cob House For Sale: Features
- 100% cob construction
- 200 open square feet of living space, plus small mud room/air-lock
- reciprocal living roof with skylight
- terracota tile floor
- earthen and lime plaster interior, built-in cob shelving, chimney hook-up available for wood stove
- wired for telephone access
- partially furnished – includes handmade queen walnut/oak bed frame (pictured)
- leasehold improvements include 2 outbuildings — cob shed, appropriate for tiny cabin conversion or outhouse, and small wooden shed, good for storage, etc.
- surrounding garden improvements include 3 fruit trees (2 apples, 1 pear), 5 concord grape vines, 3+ year old asparagus bed, other additional perennial food plants, raised beds (some fenced)
We are sad to let our first home go, but we’re also excited about the possibilities for the future owner. Please contact me to learn more about the sale of this cob house, and what steps could be taken to explore a potential purchase! We’re asking $12k for the home.
(p.s. The house cannot be moved, sorry.)
Feel free to use any of the images above, or the image below to share this house sale with your friends: